Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Friday, May 23, 2003
 
Some days I'm at a loss. I say to myself, "Self, I'm sure everyone is getting sick of all this '9/11-Bush-is-a-liar-and-his-administration-is-corrupt' stuff. Maybe I should find something lighter to go on about?" Then I stumble across this and those feelings start welling up again. Why are we letting them get away with this?!

A Republican gets into the act. Notice if you will what country this paper is from. I'll give you a hint: it's not in the US.

If you are going to be around your TV tonight at 8:00 p.m. be sure to watch NOW on PBS. Bill Moyers will once again go over the coming media consolidation vote by the FCC. Check out the links on NOW's page in the Media Consolidation area. The "Well Connected" link is the Center For Public Intergrity's site about the subject. The "Database" link is great. You can see who owns all the media in your area. Another part of the database allows you to look up the trips the FCC employees took and see who is picking up the tab. Fun stuff.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger