Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Monday, June 30, 2003
 
I saw it again last night. When I see it, I'm not sure how I feel. Someone has just crossed the line. They have walked over from naive bliss to reality. It's kind of like the whole Matrix blue pill, red pill concept. What I am speaking of is that moment during a discussion with one of my friends about our current government when I begin to lay out the facts--of September 11th, specifically--and the person I am speaking to begins to understand that, at the least, their government allowed those attacks to happen. At first, they don't want to believe it. Denial. Then I look in their eyes and it's like I can hear them talking to themselves, "Is this posssible, or is this guy crazy? My government wouldn't do that." Then, I can see them accept it, and they realize they knew it all along.

I've had this happen with a couple of friends of mine. Last night, for this one friend, the clincher was when I told him about the Pearl Harbor line in the PNAC document:
Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.
Then I explained to him who PNAC is and that this document was first drafted in 1992 under Daddy Bush and has now morphed into this, The National Security Strategy of the United States of America.

Of course, I got referred to several times as a conspiracy theorist, which doesn't bother me anymore. My reply to that is that 'I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just have some questions I would like answered.' (I stole that from Gore Vidal.) I believe one of the most telling things that came out of his mouth was that he just does not have time to look into this stuff: "I'm too tired when I get home from work and just want to relax." That is the problem right there. If we had a press like we are supposed to have, we would not have to look for this information because it would be right there on the news and in the paper.

I always talk about what we can do to change what is happening. This is the main thing: enlighten people. Most people don't know about PNAC; tell them. Most people don't know about all of the unknowns about September 11th; find out and tell people. The main thing about telling someone about this is to bring them along slowly. Don't try to force it down their throats right away. You'll scare them. I had talked to this friend about these things a couple of times. Yesterday, I laid it all out for him and sent him home with the Mein Kempf of the Bush administration, Rebuilding America's Defenses. For anyone still not familiar with PNAC, go here: How We Got Into This Imperial Pickle: A PNAC Primer.

I know I've been over this PNAC stuff before, but it is very important. It tells you why we are doing what we are doing. Until people understand this and that it was first thought up in 1992, they cannot successfully connect the rest of the dots: Afghanistan. Iraq. The Middle East. Oil. Eurasia. Iran. North Korea. The Project For The New American Century. They mean it!!!!!

I have not said much here about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, but hope to change that shortly. A few interesting developments on that front: Israeli Likens BBC Program to Nazi Press. A couple of things to look at with this story. First, the Kansas City Star? Why have none of the major media picked up on this? Second, anyone who legitimately criticizes Israel will either be called a Nazi or an anti-semite. Not to get too involved in the subject at this time, but I believe that to truly understand this problem, you have to understand the difference between being Jewish and being a Zionist. Who better than a rabbi to explain the concept: Israel, Judaism and Zionism. Maybe some hope? Hamas, Islamic Jihad declare 3-month ceasefire.

A couple of things on the press: . . . Bring Back the Skeptical Press. And you have to love this one: Are U.S. journalists truly spineless?

A great synopsis of where we stand in Iraq, with links: By Any Other Name

This breaks my heart. I used to love this guy. Miller Emerges as New Voice for Bush Re-Election.

More links later.....

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger