Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Wednesday, October 15, 2003
 
As I read this article, ANATOMY OF A LIE , all sorts of things were going through my mind. How stupid Americans are. How we have the least amount of time off in the industrialized world. When he talks about the sound bite in our culture it makes me think of just how gullible most citizens of this country are. Just to name a few. It's as if they say, "Well, if the President says it's true it must be the truth". Even after all the lying we've had from Presidents whether it be about their personal lives (Clinton, as well as others) or about foreign policy (LBJ, Reagan, Bush I, just to name a few) many people still believe this guy is truthful and honest. I didn't even bring up Nixon?! Anyway, the new PR offensive is underway Out of Control and a new Poll shows Bush job approval rating back up so everything is back to normal, you can go back to sleep. Here is a quote from TJ about how we should avoid becoming the "American Sheeple", "Lethargy [is] the forerunner of death to the public liberty." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787.

Can't find the American media saying anything about this, US hawk does not rule out Syria attack. Perle is a sick, sick man.

I have not said much on this subject and do not plan to. My way of dealing with this man has been to ignore him. I've said over the years that I think he is just a "shock jock" out to make money. For all I know he might not believe all he says he is just trying to start a controversy to keep himself popular. Here is a good take on the situation, Rush’s Drug Use No Joking Matter.

Josh Marshall who has been on this story from the beginning, some call it "Intimigate", works over Bob Novak, Taking Novak up on his challenge over his one regret.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger