Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Thursday, October 16, 2003
 
What is one of the hardest things to do? In my opinion it is to admit that you were wrong. The interesting thing about being wrong is that once you admit that fact, to yourself and others, most people will forgive and become willing to help. The reason I bring this up is because last night I was reading an article about how the media in this country was wrong about this war as well, obviously. So in my mind that is the reason they are not all over the story 24/7. To be able to fully take apart all the lies of this administration they first have to admit they themselves were wrong. They bought the lie that was being told. That's if you believe the media is still independent. I believe they were told to toe the company line. What's good for GE is good for America. So how does the media admit that it was wrong about so many things and not look like a bunch of stooges? Well it looks to me like they are slowly and I mean very slowly starting to turn on this administration. As evidence I give you this, Scottie & Me. This used to be Ari & Me until Ari left. This piece has always been Mr. Mokhiber vs. Ari/Scottie. Notice how NBC's David Gregory jumps in at the end. But maybe, just maybe if they start asking the right questions more people will notice what has happened. I do not expect the media to admit they were wrong. I'm trying to imagine how the media would admit they were wrong. Who would represent the media at the press conference and who would question them?

So, staying on subject, Lies about Iraq rise to level of the absurd.

Joe Wilson's has a little more info, Wilson adds ammo to hit war credibility gap. The brief is in .pdf format to the right of the story.

Check this one out, State Democrats blast Nethercutt for Iraq comment.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger