Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003
 
I did something bad last night, I watched Hardball. To rationalize it I say I did it because Howard Dean was on. I didn't watch it all but about 3/4ths of it. Here is my favorite part, this was from an audience question:
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Governor Dean, do you believe that Republicans use race to divide whites and blacks...
DEAN: Yes.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... as a campaign tactic?
DEAN: I do.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And how do we overcome that as a nation?
DEAN: We talk very directly to both white working-class people and African-Americans about their common interests, which are jobs, education and health care.
We have got to stop having the campaigns run in this country based on abortion, guns, God and gays, and start talking about education, jobs and health care.
(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)
Here is the entire transcript if you are interested.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger