Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003
 
I have not spoken about this specifically in a while. I thought people might be getting sick of me talking about this everyday. What I am alluding to is the LIES! Like I wrote yesterday it was nice to find out over the weekend that most people I spoke with do not believe we went to Iraq for or have found WMD. The sad part is that none of them seemed to care very much that they were lied to. Nobody was mad about this or not mad enough to do anything meaningful about it. They pretty much accept the fact that their government had foreknowledge of the events of 9/11. No Al Qaeda-Saddam connection. Iraq, of course, was not involved in 9/11. Now we are supposed to believe that the people trying to run us out of Iraq, the actual citizens, are terrorists. I haven't even spoke about the recent Medicare bill, the FCC, voting machines, the energy bill, the environment, etc.... The old joke is such a cliche but it is so true. How can you tell when George Bush is lying? Wait for it, you know the answer..... His mouth is open! He will say one thing and do another. We will find Osama bin Laden dead or alive, really. Remember both Iraq and Afghanistan have been liberated. I'm sure if you get your news outside the mainstream you can come up with many, many others. So why are we, and most Americans so willing to just sit back and allow them to get away with this. Who leaked Valerie Plame's name to Bob Novak? Did you see the deal the 9/11 Commission worked with the White House? If not for WMD why are we in Iraq? To give them freedom? I was always told to follow the money. Who is making all the money in Iraq? Afghanistan? If you know the answers to these questions it doesn't make one feel good. Which I believe is the main reason people may agree with what I am saying but why they, to steal a phrase, silently consent to the administration. The truth is just too ugly. They don't want to admit that all this can happen in America.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger