Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004
 
I haven't talked much about the Democratic Presidential race lately, as a matter of fact I haven't talked about it at all. If I was to vote today I know who I would vote for. The candidate that seems to stand the most for what I believe in is Kucinich. If he is in until Texas I will vote for him. I will vote for any of these guys over Bush, but there is not much I wouldn't vote for over Bush. I like several things about the most of the other candidates but I also dislike a few things about each one. I know that there is never a perfect candidate. I believe realistically at this point we are down to four viable candidates. My take on what happened in Iowa is that Gephardt believed he had to win here to have any chance. He took on the supposed front runner and they started smearing each other. It made both of them look bad and Kerry and Edwards sneaked in the back door. Why it happened this way is up for interpretation. I believe that the powers that be in the Democratic party do not like Howard Dean. Be it the DLC, the true money people, or the DNC. Whether it's because he is not beholden to them, they think he cannot be elected or they just don't like him I'm not sure. I think the power in the Democratic party put Gephardt on Dean to drag him down. I believe that if he didn't get dragged down far enough in Iowa then Lieberman would be finishing the job in New Hampshire. Now that the media has sufficiently branded Dean as angry he will now be rebranded as fading, out of steam, he peaked too early or something of that nature. A few things about Dean. He is not a liberal. He's been painted that way because of his Iraq war stance. He is a centrist Democrat. I have to go right now but will say more about this later.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger