Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Thursday, January 15, 2004
 
Some days when I start looking over the news I cannot believe what I am seeing in relation to what I think most Americans are seeing. I'll give you a few examples of what I am seeing:

Senator Kennedy gave a speech yesterday, America, Iraq and Presidential Leadership,

Does this surprise anyone? 2 on 9/11 Panel Are Questioned on Earlier Security Roles.

This is amazing, New Blow to Blair over Iraq.
Mr Theilmann told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “I’m afraid I think the American public was seriously misled.”

The US administration “twisted, distorted, simplified” intelligence in a way that led Americans to “seriously misunderstand what the nature of the Iraq threat was”, he said.

“I’m not sure I can think of a worse act against the people in a democracy than a President distorting critical information,” he said.

“For a President to abuse that sacred trust ... is to me a very serious development.”
I'm not posting this to slam the military. This is posted just to point out that war is ugly for everyone involved. Two murders and a lie, An investigation of the US Army's firing at the Palestine Hotel in Baghdad on 8 April 2003.

An analysis of the President's new initiative, The wrong leap for mankind.

These two speak to the same issue, why this administration has to have some kind of election in Iraq by the summer. Bush's self-serving Iraqi timetable and Last Copter Out of Baghdad.

The way I read this news. My Presidents a liar. Our government is covering up something about 9/11. War is an ugly undertaking and our President took us there for reasons other that he told us. Oh yeah, sorry, I already said he is a liar. A politically motivated initiative--that will cost much more than $1 billion--to go to Mars and the Moon, and we're still losing jobs and 43 million people don't have health care. Now go to ABC, CNN, NBC, or Fox and see what you get. Is it any wonder that most Americans think things are going pretty good? I believe that if the citizenry knew what was going on Bush wouldn't even be running for reelection, because he would have about a 30% approval rating. But what do I know.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger