Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004
 
Empire. When I think of that word Holy Roman and British are the two that come to mind for me. How about you? It's not a word that most Americans ever thought of our country as or wanted associated with our country. The reason I say this is because our forefathers won their freedom from an empire. I think therefore the last thing they would have wanted is the country they created to become an empire. They knew what empire meant. The responsibility and the attention that an empire demands. It drains your domestic economy in favor of the military. Sound familiar?

Most Americans probably don't think of their country as an empire. Sure we have military installations all over the world but that is because we are just trying to keep all of these other countries safe from their/our enemies. I love the idea of my country that was sold to me as a child. Obviously I no longer buy it. Over the last few years I have been going through my mind and trying to figure out exactly when I figured out I wanted a refund. I believe everyone in America figures this out at some point in their life. The thing is we all deal with this in different ways. Some say, "My country, right or wrong" and other people say, "I think we can do better". Other's still just deny it and stick their head in the sand and turn on the mainstream media and wait to be told what they should think.

What do I say. Well I say if we are truly for democracy around the world the way to get there is not to oppress people around the world and force them into democracy. That just does not work. Empire is a different way to look at America, so open your eyes.

The Costs of Empire
Part 1: Starting with a solid base

Part 2: Counting the dollars and cents

More on empire to come.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger