Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Monday, February 09, 2004
 
I got to watch most of Meet The Press last night on the second CNBC replay at Midnight. I know I've said before that I do not think our current President is stupid but just lazy and disinterested. He sure wasn't helping me prove my case with that interview. Here is the annotated transcript from the Center for American Progress (CAP), they are doing great work by the way. He was a complete boob in that interview yesterday. I want to start with this exchange, he seems to contradict himself:
Russert: On Iraq, the vice president said, "we would be greeted as liberators."

President Bush: Yeah.

Russert: It's now nearly a year, and we are in a very difficult situation. Did we miscalculate how we would be treated and received in Iraq?

President Bush: Well, I think we are welcomed in Iraq. I'm not exactly sure, given the tone of your questions, we're not. We are welcomed in Iraq.

Russert: Are you surprised by the level and intensity of resistance?

President Bush: No, I'm not. And the reason I'm not surprised is because there are people in that part of the world who recognize what a free Iraq will mean in the war on terror. In other words, there are people who desperately want to stop the advance of freedom and democracy because freedom and democracy will be a powerful long term deterrent to terrorist activities.

See, free societies are societies that don't develop weapons of mass terror and don't blackmail the world.

If I could share some stories with you about some of the people I have seen from Iraq, the leaders from Iraq, there is no question in my mind that people that I have seen at least are thrilled with the activities we've taken. There is a nervousness about their future, however.
We were welcomed, but he's not surprised by the resistance? Roadside bombs, RPG, suicide bombers that's quite a welcome. I think we are beginning to see with this Bush the same problem that the previous Bush had. It's a reality problem. He perceives everything to be going along fine, just like Daddy did in '92 and that's what kept him from being reelected. When people in this country are hurting and the President says stuff like this it also shows that he is reality deficient:
Russert: But when you proposed your first tax cut in 2001, you said this was going to generate 800,000 new jobs. Your tax cut of 2003, create a million new jobs. That has not happened.

President Bush: Well, it's happening. It's happening. And there is good momentum when it comes to the creation of new jobs.

Again, we have been through a lot. This economy has been through a lot, which is why I'm so optimistic about the future because I know what we have been through.

And I look forward to debate on the economy because I think one of those things that's very important is that the entrepreneurial spirit of this country be strong and the small business sector be strong. And the policies I have laid out enhance entrepreneurship, they encourage small business creation, and I think this economy is coming around just right, frankly.
It's makes him look like he is detached from reality, like his Daddy. The CAP has the full rundown of the CLAIM vs. FACT: The President on Meet the Press.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger