Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Monday, February 23, 2004
 
Well after watching Ralph Nader on Meet the Press yesterday I think it is time to start talking politics. Here is the transcript (Scroll a little more than half-way down for Naders part). It is good just to hear some of the words used in his remarks. Duopoly, impeachment, he also does a great job of laying out how both parties are owned by the corporations. Now I voted for Nader in 2000. As I said before my Presidential vote in Texas didn't mean much in 2000. I wanted the Greens to get 5% so they could participate in the debates in 2004. I believe that our country would benefit by having more candidates involved in the Presidential debates. I know there are many people that think Nader should just stay out, for whatever reason. But let me dispel one of the biggest reasons Democrats don't want him running. RALPH NADER DID NOT COST AL GORE THE PRESIDENCY IN 2000. Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris are the ones who scrubbed 173,000 names from Florida's voter rolls (see Florida's flawed "voter-cleansing" program, from Friday). That is how the 2000 election was stolen. Another thing is people actually believe that this man will get favorable coverage by the media. He will but only in relation to how he is hurting the Democratic candidate. The competition will only make the Democrat stronger if he is worth anything to begin with. So I say run Ralph but I don't' think you will get near the support you got in 2000. Even though you weren't the reason Gore lost in 2000 many still blame you. Another reason is Bush has screwed this country up so bad most people would vote for the devil before George Bush just to make sure he is not reelected. To those who think Bush is dead already just remember a few things: Osama will be caught before the election, They have $200 million+ to spend, the voting machines are highly suspect and this administration will is dirty and will not go down without a major fight. So run Ralph but my vote is going to the Democrat this time.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger