Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004
 
Last night the President had a so-called "news" conference. I was unable to watch it live, so I purposely avoided any coverage in order to make up my own mind about it. I watched the C-SPAN replay at midnight. It was an hour long, and he had an opening statement then took 15 questions. I watched the whole thing, and for the first time took notes (partly because my wife didn't want me yelling at the tv in the middle of the night) during the press conference. Here are some of the things I noticed:
My wife asked me this morning what I thought, and I said, "He is an ignorant arrogant asshole!"

We will be at war forever if this guy is reelected. He is trying to show he cares by mentioning the troops and loved ones so often, but he still will not go to a funeral. He won't even go to Dover and watch them unload the bodies. He is completely unaware of Middle East history, duh! And what the hell does this from his opening statement hope to prove?
Now is the time and Iraq is the place in which the enemies of the civilized world are testing the will of the civilized world. We must not waver. The violence we are seeing in Iraq is familiar. The terrorist who takes hostages or plants a roadside bomb near Baghdad is serving the same ideology of murder that kills innocent people on trains in Madrid and murders children on buses in Jerusalem and blows up a nightclub in Bali and cuts the throat of a young reporter for being a Jew. We've seen the same ideology of murder in the killing of 241 marines in Beirut, the first attack on the World Trade Center, in the destruction of two embassies in Africa, in the attack on the U.S.S. Cole and in the merciless horror inflicted upon thousands of innocent men and women and children on Sept. 11, 2001.
Is he saying that the Iraqi people who want the US occupiers out are enemies of the civilized world? It sure sounds like it. Then he links the insurgents to the terrorists of all these events and drops in a religious code word--Jew--to incense the Muslims. Niiice!

Let me ask a question: Did you ever think that an ocean could protect you? Maybe back in Columbus' time this was the case. Well, this simpleton obviously did. He used this line, or some variation, three times, "We can no longer hope that oceans protect us from harm." If that's not the biggest piece of simpleton crap, I don't know what is. Another interesting thing was when he referred to our government as "my government". But his biggest problem is that he is completely unable to admit that he and his administration may have made a mistake.

There is an enormous amount to take apart in this press conference. It was a complete sham. I will post more later on it.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger