Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Saturday, May 01, 2004
 
Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom gives Democratic response
Transcript: Weekly Democratic Radio Address
I'm giving this address because I have an agenda, and my agenda is this: I want my fellow soldiers to come home safely, and I want a better future for the people of Iraq. I also want people to know the truth.
The most bizarre thing about the transcript is the only place I could find it was on the Fox News web site.

What a tangled web we are weaving. Or is it just history repeating itself?
Latest Move in Bloody Fallujah Reeks
Well before Winston Churchill made his famous “Iron Curtain” speech in Missouri after World War II, men at the CIA’s predecessor, the Office of Strategic Services, decided to recruit General Reinhard Gehlen to help them in the war on communism. They persuaded themselves that Gehlen wasn’t a Nazi, or even if he had been, he wasn’t one of the bad ones. After all, Gehlen had conspired with Claus von Stauffenburg in the 1944 plot to assassinate Herr Hitler.

Hot off the presses
Lesser Evils
It has taken nearly three years, but the 9/11 commission and the Supreme Court hearings on enemy combatants have given us our first serious public discussion about how to balance civil liberties and national security in a war on terror. Even so, we have not begun to ask the really hard questions. The hardest one is, Could we actually lose the war on terror?

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger