Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Thursday, August 12, 2004
 
In the campaign for President this year I do not see there to be much of a choice. My polite answer -- I have many more colorful answers -- when asked who I am voting for is this, "I've never voted for a Bush and I see no reason to start now". Believe me I've had ample opportunity, I live in Texas. Some people don't think Kerry is much different or better than our current President and to some extent I agree. The could take a better stance against the Iraq War than he has, for example. This argument was made in 2000 about Gore. But just stop and think for a minute what would be different if Kerry is President in January. Not only is Bush gone but so is Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith, Cambone, Libby, Rove, Karen Hughes, Scottie McClellan and all the other freaks in this show. None of these people would have been in charge of anything had Gore been elected, so I don't want to hear that they were too much alike.

So what is the current status of the race? It appears that Bush is lagging at this point, The "experts" ready to call it for Kerry. As stated in linked article in that post, there is still 84 days left and the Republicans have not even danced on the graves of the 9/11 victims yet, I mean had their convention. There is evidence though that the Bush/Cheney campaign knows they are in trouble. They have begun smearing Kerry endlessly. The swift boat liars and these new ads, Group Runs Anti-Kerry Ads on Black Radio Stations, are evidence of that. Remember Willie Horton? When a Bush gets behind a Bush gets dirty and not just a little but in up to the neck. Things look good for Kerry now but if we want Bush out of office we need to stay on top of things. Keep talking to friends and relatives, send money if you can, register people to vote, get involved. There is quite a bit of time left before the election and things will change the only question is how.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger