Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Monday, January 03, 2005
 
What's Coming This Year
I have come to several conclusions toward the end to 2004 that will probably fuel my ideas, rants and news on this blog in coming year. There is no doubt in my mind that George Bush was once again not elected President, at least by a majority of the people who showed up and voted, in 2004. That the So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC), my new term, is the biggest fight facing this country and the Democratic Party. Like I've said a few times before if the Democrats cannot successfully fight off the challenge to phase out Social Security, this being the first phase, then it might as well cease to exist. Privatization in any way cannot be allowed. The continuing death and destruction in Iraq must be ended and our troops and contractors need to be removed, sooner rather than later. That our country once again pay attention to the Geneva Conventions, not to see them as quaint, and to stop torturing people. To continue trying to bring a different approach to the news/information that is not publicized in the SCLM. To continue documenting and hopefully stop our slow slide into Fascism. I will be posting more Texas political items this year since the circus will soon be back in town, it's what I say to describe the Texas Legislature being in session. But most of all maybe, just maybe, to make one person think a little differently about a subject than they did before showing up at Silence Is Consent.

I am also trying to finish a profile/bio of myself to post on this site. I would also love to hear any comments or questions from anyone that has any, no matter which side of the debate you are on.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger