Silence is Consent

If you don't speak up you accept what is happening. This site was born out of the mainstream media's inability to cover the news. I am just an American cititzen trying to spread the word in the era of FCC consolidation, post 9/11 Patriot Act hysteria, hackable voting machines and war without end. I rant and post news items I perceive to be relevant to our current situation.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- Thomas Jefferson

Social Security is not broken and therefore does not need to be fixed

So Called Social Security Crisis (SCSSC)

Comments, questions, corrections, rebuttals are always welcome.

Monday, May 09, 2005
 
No Child Left Behind? (PBU19)
This administration has brought forth many dishonest, shall we say "Orwellian", propositions but none more so than No Child Left Behind (NCLB). NCLB is nothing more than the planned destruction of national public education. Looking for information on this I found this site, NoChilldLeft.com, and it's list of NCLB Problems. As I look at the problems and statistics related to NCLB and where my state, Texas, stands. I can't help but believe that George W. Bush is trying to do to the National schools what he did to schools in Texas.

I think the biggest problem my wife and I have with NCLB is it's reliance on standardized tests, which are ineffective. A standardized test is an attempt to get everyone to attain a minimum standard, not an attempt to have every child reach their full potential. Standardized tests cause teacher's to teach to the test - they have to build the curriculum around the test - instead of teaching what needs to learned. This is one reason that we are seriously thinking of home schooling our children. I was educated in public schools and always thought my children would be too. That was before the Republicans got control of them.

0 comments <

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Blogger